Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, March 06, 2006

So I'm trying to get into academic mode and get myself organized. There's way too much going on. Ahhhh... I don't know if the reading break really helped or made things worse.

This week I'm trying to get three major essays done, or at least rough drafts, on the following topics:
1. Jansenism in 18th c. France for Christian History
2. The extent of the consensus, where the differences remain, etc... in relation to the Lutheran-Catholic Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification for Christian Theology in Ecumenical Dialogue
3. Comparing St. Thomas Aquinas and Pope Benedict on "charity" for Philosophy of the Human Person

Ok. So I'm being a little overly ambitious but I really really really need to get going on these things because the end of is going to get busy.

March 30th - April 2nd we've got a travelling monstrance blessed by Pope John Paul II in the Year of the Eucharist coming to our Archdiocese for a Eucharistic Event. Various Adoration events will take place throughout the diocese where we will be praying for family life and vocations to the priesthood and religious life. I'm involved in the planning of the event for university students. We're going to do an outside Eucharistic Procession at the University of British Columbia! YAY! A couple of the Sisters of Life from New York are coming as guest speakers. That's also exciting.

Also on the schedule for the end of the month are various other events, not to mention Easter is going to come before we know it.

Holy Week / Easter is going to be very busy because I'm sponsoring a friend who is entering the Church at the Easter Vigil. There will be a bunch of friends coming from out of town to be there for the occasion as well. Unfortunately, final exams start Easter Monday. Easter Monday! I don't get it. The secular universities all have Easter Monday off, but the only Christian university schedules final exams. It makes no sense. Anyways, when am I going to study? Holy Week takes priority over my finals. I'll just have to study the week before and hope for the best. I won't stress about that now though. First things first, I need to get through my essays. I've still got over a month to go.

Ok, all that being said, I'm going to return to my "blogging light" status. There is plenty I want to post on. I keep on coming across some fascinating stuff, but my blog just can't be a priority right now. I'm not strictly speaking "fasting" from blogging, so I may or may not pop in on occasion in the next little while, but I'm just making a prudential call to draw back and focus on other things for the time being.