Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Update

Survived midterms. Felt more like finals. Made it through.

Survived "Spirit Day" with over one thousand grade seven confirmation candidates. Vocations talk I had to give went well. The entire day required a lot of energy. Theme? "Great Power. Great Responsibility." Challenged me to recognize that we have a responsibility to do something with the graces we receive. Not that I didn't already know that. Reminders are helpful though.

Thought my wallet was stolen. Found it a few days later. Lesson in humility.

Reading break. Went on road trip to friend's summer home with a bunch of friends from university. Spilt water on my laptop. Laptop not working so well now. :-(

Finished thirty page take home midterm for Philosophy of the Human Person yesterday. Thirty pages! That's just ridiculous.

Going to the Rite of Election this afternoon with friend I'm sponsoring who's entering the Church at Easter.

Baby I know is getting baptized at Mass tonight.

Back to classes tomorrow. Six essays to write in the next three weeks. Lord have mercy!