Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What to write on?

I've got a 3000 word essay to write for my Christian History course. When I looked at the essay topic though I realized I'm pretty much free to write on anything I want.

"research an individual, institution, movement, document or religious practice or issue during the last five centuries of Christianity."

Sheesh, that's pretty wide open. Basically I can write on anything. There's so much I'd love to write on but I need to come up with something specific. How to decide? I have no idea. It's one of those assignments you could get lost in. I need something with a good argument and strong thesis.