Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Kids say the darndest things...

Tonight at Catechism class I had the grade twos assembling and decorating personal prayer books for themselves to keep. I had printed off copies of common prayers that they were to cut out and glue in their prayer books and was explaining the activity to the kids when I got asked a question that brought a smile to my face.

"I've got a sheet of paper here with some prayers for you," I said. "There's a Hail Mary, an Our Father, the Apostle's Creed, your Act of Contrition, a Glory Be. . ." Just then one of the little boys raised his hands and said "Can I ask you a question?" "Sure," I responded. With a look of sincere curiosity he asked "is there a Glory 'A'?"