Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Craziness of Life

Last night I received a message on my voice-mail from my childhood-best-friend's-sister. It's the kind of message where you're wondering what on earth this person could have been calling about since you haven't talked to them in forever. Well, I finally got a hold of her this afternoon, and it turns out that she was calling to ask if I'd be willing to be her newborn baby's Godmother! It was a completely unexpected question, but I feel very honoured. It looks like I'm going to be making an unforseen weekend trip home for the baptism.

As you can tell by my limited blogging, I've been incredibly busy and am incredibly busy and will be up until the first week of May! There's something going on every single weekend, not to mention six upper level courses to work on and final exams speeding my way. I filled out my graduation application (to make sure I've taken all the right courses and such) this past weekend for graduation in April 2007. That was encouraging. It made it seem as if there was some sort of dim light at the end of the tunnel! Now, if only I knew for certain what I'm supposed to do with the rest of my life after April 2007.

I went to Mass this morning in French. I really enjoyed it and it helped me to really focus on every aspect of the Mass since it was different from what I'm used to. It looks like next week I might be going to Mass in Latin. It'll be my reward for pushing through and get a couple more essays done this coming week.

I really don't know how I'm going to do it. I've been pulling long days and still it seems like I'm not making any progress. Maybe it's because I have too much on my plate. Today I spent most of the day coaching at a swim meet for Special Olympics. It was good fun, but now I have a tonne of homework left to do and I'm already exhausted.

So, for those of you who are curious, I'm still alive. Barely. I'm hanging on here. If I can just make it to May I'll be alright.

I'm looking forward to the Fall Semester though. I just did my course selection and it's going to be an amazing semester:

- Theological Vision of Pope John Paul II
- Christian Apologetics
- Contemporary Christianity
- Catholic Spirituality in the Modern World
- Metaphysics of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Latin

Yay! Ok, let's not get too excited though. Those courses will also have essays and a lot of reading. Come next November, I'm sure I'll be complaining all over again about how much I have on my plate. Hopefully there's an end in sight though.

I'm looking forward to getting back to more leisurely blogging after this semester is over.