Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Second Reading Today

"I should like you to be free of anxieties. An unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord, how he may please the Lord. But a married man is anxious about the things of the world, how he may please his wife, and he is divided. An unmarried woman or a virgin is anxious about the things of the Lord, so that she may be holy in both body and spirit. A married woman, on the other hand, is anxious about the things of the world, how she may please her husband. I am telling you this for your own benefit, not to impose a restraint upon you, but for the sake of propriety and adherence to the Lord without distraction."
(1 Corinthians 7:32-35)

I figured I'd post the whole second reading because it has been on my mind throughout the day. As far as falling into the "unmarried woman or a virgin" category it seems like a pretty good place to be, at least for the time being. Who knows what's in store. . . well God does, but I sure don't. That being said, sure I'm anxious for the things of the Lord, but I'm also anxious about my test tomorrow. I have a feeling 'anxious' in the context of the reading might be meaning something else though. . .