Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, January 23, 2006

New Conservative Government

The Conservatives have won a minority government, as I'm sure most of you know by now. That's the good news. The bad news is that my hometown riding was one of the silly ridings that shifted from Conservative to Liberal. What were they thinking?! If they'd voted NDP I might have understood that... not been happy, but at least it would have made sense to me. But going from Conservative to Liberal after this past session of parliament? It makes no sense to my ignorant mind. It was a close race though with fewer than a thousand votes difference.

I'll comment on the election results at some point later on this week, but for now, in words of our new Prime Minister as he ended his victory speech, "God Bless Canada."