Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, January 20, 2006

God is Good

What a glorious morning. The sun is shinning, thanks be to God!!! It may seem somewhat trivial to most of you, but for those who live on the West Coast of Canada, you know why this matters. I haven't seen a clear blue sky and the bright shinning sun in over a month. Quite literally.

This morning I'm finding blessings in the simple things. I started off the morning with morning prayers, mass, and adoration. After that I treated myself to a large coffee. Mass and coffee, it's the best way to start any day. I'm going to spend most of the rest of the day catching up on my reading, including works by Plato, Karol Wojtyla, and St. Teresa of Avila and then later tonight I'm going to have dinner at a friend's house. Can it get any better than that? God is so faithful, even in the little things.

It's so easy to recognize when we are struggling, frustrated, and overwhelmed, but so rarely to we acknowledge God's blessings. Maybe it's just me but it's often easier to recognize trials and burdens than blessings and graces we receive. So, on that note, I just wanted to share with you today the joy of Christ and remind you that He is a good and faithful God.