Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Extremist Priests?

Planned Parenthood seems to be concerned about the "extremist priests" who are moving into their backyard. Personally, I'm thrilled. I like extreme priests. I wouldn't want them any other way.

I think Planned Parenthood may have overlooked the definition of extremist in writing this article. At least according to the dictionary I checked extremist is "One who advocates or resorts to measures beyond the norm, especially in politics." Well, considering that the political norm seems to be not to say anything at all about the sanctity of human life from conception to its natural end, I'd have to agree that this new order, being established by Priests for Life, will probably fulfill that definition.

Once the Missionaries of the Gospel of Life have settled into their new home, maybe the extremist nuns from Sisters of Life could stop by for a visit as well.