Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, January 29, 2006

More or Less Allowed

This bothers me. I don't have time to really write a post on it right now, but I just thought I'd let you know I'm disturbed. Essentially, if someone wants to kill themselves and you help them out in the process, it's not really criminal. . . well, at least the sentence isn't much of a deterent. If you're willing to put up with the hassle of reporting to a probation officer for a couple years you're free to kill suicidal friends and family members. Canada is developing a precedence of letting these people get away with it. It's frightening. Remind me never to let anyone know if I'm depressed... they might just take that as a request on my part to be killed.