Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, January 27, 2006

St. Teresa of Avila's Blogging Philosophy

I just finished reading the Interior Castle tonight. Wow. That's all I can say right now. It's something I need to spend more time reflecting upon before discussing further. I probably will never fully digest this amazing spiritual work.

Yet, in the prologue I found a phrase that I think I'd like to adopt as my blogging philosophy, courtesy of St. Teresa of Avila:

"If I should say something that isn't in conformity with what the holy Roman Catholic Church holds, it will be through ignorance and not through malice. This can be held as certain, and also that through the goodness of God I always am, and will be, and have been subject to her."