Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Weekend with the Family

Sorry I haven't posted for a few days. I escaped for my 'reading break' to spend a few days on the Coast with my family. It was nice to be around my parents and one of my sibs (it was supposed to be all of us but two droopped out). Spending time with my parents reminds me of all that I have to be grateful for. I think sometimes I focus too much on the tough times and forget just how much my parents love me and have sacrificed for me. I am truly blessed.

My mom whipped my butt in Scrabble. She scored 470 points. If you don't know Scrabble, it's a word board game and 470 points is a lot. Needless to say, she's competitive (and smart!).

Other events of the weekend included writing a twenty page paper on the issue of sterilization for my moral theology class. That was actually very interesting and I came across some great encyclicals (not specifically on sterlization per say but that were relevant for my paper).

Anyways, not much else to say right now. I'm lamenting the fact that there is no daily mass all week because all the priests in the diocese are gone for a 'study week'. Please keep the priests of my diocese in your prayers and remember to pray for your own priests and all priests. That sentence didn't make much sense, basically, what I'm trying to say is: Pray for priests!

Sorry, today I'm in a very random (yes, one of my favourite words) kind of moods. Hopefully I'll post something a little more sane later on.