Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Domine, ut videam

This is latin for "Lord, that I might see" and comes from the story of the blind man in Mark 10:46-62. This phrase has multifaceted meaning and can lead to contemplation on various aspects of our spiritual life.

Lord, that I might see where I'm coming from.
Lord, that I might see your will.
Lord, that I might see where I'm at.
Lord, that I might see your love for me.
Lord, that I might see you in the Blessed Sacrament.
Lord, that I might see your presence in my life.
Lord, that I might see where you are leading me.


Lord, that I may see
Thru the tears in my eyes
The Love that You are,
The love that I am.
Wounded by pride
Anent the memories I own,
Relying on strength
Of the infinitely weak.