Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

CWL and the United Church?

I was reading the "community news" section of the local newspaper for my childhood hometown online when I came across the following sentence which puzzled me.

The CWL celebrates its 70th anniversary with an event on Saturday, December 3 at the United Church at a cost of $15 per person. Any members past or present wishing to attend are asked call Marta Cecchi at 604.756.2686 for reservations.

Does anyone else see a problem with this? They really need to build a church hall...although, there is a Knight's of Columbus Hall... I don't know why they don't hold the event there instead. Personally, I'd be more comfortable with them holding the event in the Catholic elementary school gym than in the United Church hall.