Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Adoration


I've invited some of my evangelical protestant friends to Adoration on Saturday, and somewhat to my surprise, most of them are wanting to come. The Adoration I'm taking them to is a monthly event for young adults put on by Catholic Christian Outreach. It's about two hours long and involves both contemporary worship music and the appropriate Latin songs for Adoration, guided scriptural meditations, silent meditation, and Benediction. Anyways, I'm excited, but also nervous that my friends are coming. I don't know if they really know what to expect. I wonder how they'll react when they see two hundred of their peers kneeling before the Blessed Sacrament. I think I'd probably be freaked out by that if I didn't believe that the Eucharist was the body, blood, soul, and divinity of Christ. I gave them heads up that the focus of the evening is on the exposed Eucharist and how this is very important to Catholic worship as we believe that the consecrated host is truly Christ fully present among us. Anyways, it'll be interesting to see what they think. Keep my friends in your prayers if you remember on Saturday.

"And Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life. He that cometh to me shall not hunger: and he that believeth in me shall never thirst."
John 6:35