Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Je t'aime Oma!

Herr, gib ihm die ewige Ruhe,
und das ewige Licht leuchte ihm.!

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord,
and let perpetual light shine upon
them.

Seigneur, donnez-leur le repos éternel,
et faites luire pour eux la lumière sans déclin.


My beloved Oma died last night at 11:20pm surrounded by loving family. My uncle and parents were singing her German folk songs, my Opa was sitting in silence, and I was quietly praying the Divine Mercy chaplet for her when she gave up her struggle to breathe. I was able to pray a litany for the dying and prayers of commendation which were in the back of my missal that I had with me as she breathed her last breaths. It was not easy being there but I'm glad I was.

Please pray for the repose of the soul of my grandmother, Irmgard, born January 11th, 1922, in Germany, died January 25th, 2007, in Canada.