Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mark Shea is Coming to Town!


Harrison just asked in a comment " Any cool Catholic stuff happening on the mainland on January 27th? I'm going to be over for the weekend." As a matter of fact Harrison. . . yes. Yes there is.

Mark Shea of St.Blog's fame is coming to town! Mark blogs over at Catholic and Enjoying It! [I'd put in a link but I'm a little slow at figuring out this new blogger...] He will be gracing us with his presence at our humble little college. . . well, the venue will actually be the nearby parish church. Here are the details for you (and anyone else who's interested. . .)

Saturday, January 27th, 10am to 1pm at St. Nicholas Parish
20675 87th Ave., Langley (Walnut Grove) BC
Tickets $15 at the door.

Mark will give two talks:
1. Behold Your Mother: Discovering the Blessed Virgin Mary
2. 101 Reasons Not to be Catholic: There are a million reasons not to be a Catholic and only one reason to be one. You be the judge. [Interesting title in my opinion...]

Registration starts at 9:30am.
(By the way, there's Mass at 9:00am if you're interested).

If anyone has questions about this event they can call Redeemer Pacific College at 604-888-7727 or leave me a comment/question.

If you're planning on attending this event let me know. I know there are some local bloggers coming out. We should go out for lunch after. . . anyone interested? :-)