Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Books!

I picked up and ordered some new books today. Yay!Called to Communion by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger
(a.k.a Pope Benedict XVI)
I've already read this book but I had borrowed it previously from a friend and now I actually need to own a copy (which isn't a bad thing) for my Church & Sacraments class this semester.

The heart of virtue: Lessons from life and literature illustrating the beauty and value of moral character by Donald Demarco
This book was recommended to me by a priest I know.

Pilgrim Fellowship of Faith: The Church as Communion by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (a.k.a. Pope Benedict XVI)
This is another book we're reading in Church & Sacraments this semester.

Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
One of those books I've been meaning to read for a long time.


Deep Conversion / Deep Prayer by Fr. Thomas Dubay
A friend strongly recommended this book to me. I've read own several other books by Fr. Thomas Dubay that I've found both helpful and interesting.

Now I just need to turn on the gas fire place and curl up with a good book, a blanket, and a cup of tea.