Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

News from Germany

I love receiving unexpected mail.

Yesterday I received a Christmas letter from a friend who is studying in seminary in Bonn, Germany. I met him while in Germany in highschool on student exchange. We ended up going to Rome for Holy Week with a couple other friends in 2004. My friend reports that they are still reaping the fruits of World Youth Day 2005 in Germany and that he is looking forward to his deaconate ordination next year, in 2008, and Deo volente, his priestly ordination the next year. Yipeeee...I think an ordination is a good excuse for a trip to Germany, don't you?