Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Hard Times

I came home from the city for the weekend to visit my Oma. It's so hard. I don't want her to die, but I suppose I don't have much say on the matter. She doesn't seem to be physically suffering but she hasn't had anything to drink today and she's been sleeping all day. No matter what we do, we can't wake her up. I trust she's otherwise preoccupied with a pretty intense conversation with God at this point. This is so hard. It's one of those situations where I feel I can't do anything but pray. I'm going to go back to the hospital tonight just to sit with her. I don't know if she even realizes we're in the room when we are there.