Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, November 27, 2006

SNOW DAY!


There are no classes. As you can see. . . we have snow. And it's still falling. Yippppeeeee... snow day!!!

For people out East who are thinking "that's not a lot of snow" keep in mind we don't know how to drive in the snow out here and we don't have snow plows.

Some people are brave. I have a friend and her sister who walked almost two hours one way in the snow in the dark to get to Mass last night because they couldn't get their car out of their drive way. Now that's dedication. I told them that there must be some sort of indulgence associated with that. They ended up sleeping over (I live close to the church) so that they didn't have to walk home after Mass last night and my housemate and I fed them bacon and pancakes for breakfast before sending them back out into the winter wonderland to walk home.

One of these two brave souls who walked through the snow to get to Mass wasn't too keen on the idea at first. She pointed out to her sister "If God sent us the snow it's His own fault that we can't get to Mass." You know what? I think I'd have to agree with her. I think He would have been understanding if they'd stayed home.