Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

Spirit Day

Yesterday I spent the day with 1300 grade seven students. I was involved in "Spirit Day," an archdiocesan event put on by the Youth Ministry Office for grade seven students preparing for their confirmation. I helped out with this event earlier in the spring for last year's students and they decided to change it to the Fall for this year's students.

1300 kids is a lot of kids. I didn't even realize we have that many grade seven students in our archdiocese! (Apparently there's even more since not all of them were there. . .)

The day included various skits, testimonies, talks (including a brief talk by the Archbishop), live music, and Mass. I think it went well although the kids were somewhat silly and laughing and giggling at the wrong times etc. . . They're only kids though and I guess when you put over a thousand of them together in the same room they're bound to be silly.

Today the snow is falling. And lots of it. We have about 30 cm. of snow outside and it's still coming down pretty hard. I have a feeling classes may be cancelled for tomorrow. I know everyone from Eastern Canada will be laughing at this point, but keep in mind that us Vancouverites don't know how to drive in the snow.