Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Story of the Day

Here's a story for today, from Pope John Paul I, about a cook:

"Outside the kitchen door the dogs were lying. John (the cook) slaughtered a calf and threw the entrails into the yard. The dogs fell on them, ate them, and said: "He's a good cook; he cooks well." Some time after that, John was shelling peas, peeling onions; he threw the husks into the yard. The dogs rushed over, sniffing scornfully, they said: "The cook is spoiled; he's worthless now." John, however, was not upset by this opinion, he said, "It is the master who must eat and enjoy my meals, not the dogs. The master's appreciation is enough for me."