Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Don't Believe Everything You Hear

If you hear rumours that I'm pregnant, it's not true.

I dressed up as a pregnant St. Gianna Molla for an All Saints Day party I threw for my grade two catechism class this evening.

Apparently my costume was a little too believable. I had parents coming up to me asking me after class when I was due and whether someone else would be taking over my class after my baby was born! I was tempted to explain that unfortunately I would die one week after my baby was born (I decided that it might not be prudent to say this since they really did think I was pregnant). I'm amazed that some of the moms actually thought I was pregnant! (The costume looked like I was nine months pregnant. . . you can't go from looking not pregnant to looking nine months pregnant in a week!)

All in all, our All Saints Day party went really well! It was awesome! I even put together a Litany of the Saints, we prayed at the end of class, using the names of children in the class who have saint names, the patrons of First Communicants, the patrons of children, the patrons of Canada, and our parish patron.

They even got goody bags with holy cards of saints in them! :-)

Good times were had by all.