Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

All Saints Day Meme

"If you were invited to a Halloween/ All Saints Day Costume Party, which saint would you dress up as and why? (The Blessed Virgin Mary, the Mother of God, is not an option.)

St. Gianna Molla (I AM dressing up as St. Gianna Molla this evening for an All Saints Day party I'm throwing for my Catechism class!!!)


"Which saint or other person would accompany you to the party?"

Blessed Pier Giorgio because he's the other young Italian 'saint' of the twentieth century that I'd love to meet. I have a feeling St. Gianna and he would get along.


"What famous quote would help others identify you?"

"I shall accept whatever they will do to me provided they save the child."


Describe your costume.

My costume consists of a fifties style dress, a fake pregnant belly, a stethascope, a pressure cuff, and a white lab coat.


Which movie or film best depicts the life of this saint?

Salt & Light Television (a Catholic TV station in Canada) prepared the documentary of St. Gianna Molla's life that was presented the night before her canonization in Rome in 2004. I haven't seen it myself but I assume it's well done.


What is your favorite book written about this saint or that he or she has written?

To be honest, I haven't read any books about her but I have read a lot online. One of her children wrote a book though that I'd like to read. It's called "Saint Gianna Molla - Wife, Mother, Doctor" and it's by her son Pietro Molla. Imagine having a canonized saint as your mom!!! Talk about intercession!