Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thank-You Angel of God, My Guardian Dear!

So, I had my alarm set for 5:45 am to get up and do some reading in the morning before going to 8:15am Mass. I usually work well early in the morning, but for some reason I slept through my alarm (maybe because I've been getting up at 5:00am for most of this past week). I ended up waking up at 8:10am! I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face and threw on some clothes before running down the street to Mass (I live literally up the street from the nearest Catholic church). I made it on time! (Who said girls can't get ready quickly?!)

I think my guardian angel is the best alarm clock there is. My dear angel obviously had my best interests in mind, and knowing that I needed the extra sleep, woke me up just in time to make it to Mass.

Just as a side note, I don't exactly recommend showing up for Mass thirty seconds before Father starts coming down the aisle . . .

Oh, and on another note, here's a thought for the day: God is gracious. I just thought I'd remind you. That simple fact has been on my mind for most of the day. I think in the midst of the chaos of life we often forget this fundamental truth.