Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Periodic Abstinence

No. I'm not referring to Natural Family Planning. Believe it or not, I'm referring to blogging.

I like blogging. It's fun. The reality is though that I can't be posting as much as I have been over the past couple of months.

1. Because I have six courses this semester, most of them upper level, and I need to get through my readings, assignments, essays, etc. God has called me to be a student at this point in my life and so I need to try and be more faithful to that calling. Not that blogging is bad. It's just distracting and a very convenient means of procrastination.

2. The more time I spend blogging the less time I spend doing other things that would probably be better ways to be spending the available time I have. . . excercise, prayer, volunteering, visiting with friends and family, etc. . .

3. Some things are better left unsaid.

So, all that being said, I'm not going anywhere but I've decided that I'm going to back off a little for now.