Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I Survived.

I survived my dental surgery this morning. I'm at home now with a mouth full of gauze and swollen face but otherwise doing alright. I've been sleeping most of the day and will probably go back to bed for the rest of the evening. I figure I've got a good excuse. Thankfully I'm not in too much pain right now, although we'll see how I feel later.

I was really anxious before being put to sleep in the operating room and so someone I know (it's a small town. . .I knew half the people in the OR) who was in there sang me to sleep. They sang Salve Regina. I really appreciated this, although I was out cold by the time they got to the word "mater." If you've got to be put to sleep though, that's the way to do it.

I'm going back to sleep. God bless and thanks for your prayers.