Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sore. . .

So, I got a membership to a local gym for the summer. I decided, I'll get in shape this summer. I come from a fairly active and very outdoors-oriented family so I'm not terribly out of shape, it's just that when I'm away at school I tend to be less active than I should.

Anyways, to make a long story short, I went to the gym for these past two days and had a really good workout. I was actually amazed that I could exercise at the intensity that I did and for the duration that I did. Now I'm feeling it though. Ouch! My body seems to be telling me "Are you crazy? What do you think you're doing?!" I have to get past the aching muscles and go back to the gym today though because if I give up just because I'm sore now then I'll give up on the whole idea of more regular exercise.

Well, there's always co-redemptive suffering. Do sore muscles qualify?