Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Canada Day!

I would like to wish all my readers, particularly my fellow Canadians, a very happy Canada Day! Today this beautiful country of ours is celebrating its 139th birthday. In 1867, Canada was created by the signing of the British North America Act.

He will have dominion from sea to sea and from the river to the ends of the earth. (Psalm 72:8)

Canada's National Motto is based on this Psalm which is engraved in stone on our Parliament Building in Ottawa, Ontario. Let us pray that this psalm may be reflected in the laws enacted in this country and all who live here. Lord, have mercy on us!