Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

It's a gorgeous day!

It's a beautiful summer day here on the West Coast. I made it back home safe and sound and am looking forward to what lies ahead in the coming months as I spend my summer caring for my elderly grandparents.

I got home late last night and was met at the door by my sister. She was definitely excited to have me back for the summer and helped me unload my car and unpack everything. I woke up this morning and went to Mass with my family and then came home, had coffee with my mom, watered the potted plants in the garden (my parents have a large beautiful garden. . .I'll post pictures some time . . .), and cleaned and organized the freezer for my mom.

My dad's at work but my mom and I are going to head out to the farmer's market to pick up some fresh produce and then go to the beach this afternoon. We'll need plenty of sunscreen since there's not a cloud in the sky!

It's a gorgeous day and the beauty of creation proclaims the glory of God all around me! I must admit, though this place is seven hours and two ferry rides from the nearest city, it is absolutely gorgeous up here. I was reminded of this as we drove to Mass this morning and as you're driving down the road you look across the ocean with sailboats on the water to the mountains and glaciers on Vancouver Island.