Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

One Week Down

Week one is done.

Tonight I stood out on my grandparents' sundeck, sipping tea with my Nana and watching the sun set over the ocean, mountains, and little islands that surround the local area. My grandparents live very close to the water and the view of the sunset is always breathtaking. I took pictures but unfortunately I can't download them on the computer I'm using right now.

Tomorrow I'm off to the beach for the day. My dad kindly insisted that I take a day off and offered to provide respite for me. I would have been happy to stay with my grandparents but when offered the opportunity to go to the beach for the day I decided I wouldn't put up too much of a fight. I'm going to head out in a boat to a beautiful island nearby with sandy beaches and go swimming, play frisbee, and lay on the sand all day. I'll probably get fried to a crisp. It has something to do with the genetics I've received courtesy of my freckled redhead father. I'll put on a lot of sunscreen. I'll be spending the day with my childhood bestfriend and a couple of her siblings. It should be a lot of fun so long as I don't get sun stroke or die of heat exhaustion.