Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Wedding Anniversary


Today is my parents 32nd wedding anniversary. I am, and forever will be, very grateful for the example they have set for me of the sanctity of marriage. Thirty-two years ago they were married in this church (I think it's this one. . .) by my late great-uncle who was an Augustinian priest. It's hard to imagine they were my age when they got married. If I were my mom (which I'm not) and alive thirty-two years ago (which I wasn't) I would have been getting married today!!! Wow, they must have been a lot more mature than me because I sure can't picture myself getting married today! Apparently they were, since their marriage has endured. Either that or a lot of grace. Probably a bit of both.