Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ugh...

You know you're probably not going to agree with 90% of what the author of a particular book has to say when you come across the following paragraph early on. . .

"This is a good a place as any to apologize for my use of masculine pronouns for God in the previous sentence. You'll notice that wherever I can, I avoid the use of masculine pronouns for God because they can give the false impression to many people today that the christian God is a male deity. God is not a male. Instead God is personal (we might say super-personal) in a way that human maleness and femaleness togetehr image better than either can alone. Maleness and femaleness are biological categories, and God is Life beyond biological categories."

Oh boy. Yes, I said 'boy.' Oh boy.