Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Lesson in Translation

I thought it was about time that I provide you with a lesson in translating 'dilexitprior-lingo.'

The following statements were made on this blog in recent history:

"On that note, I've decided that eating balanced meals and sleeping are more valuable than blogging for the next few weeks. I'll be back again in full force once I survive this insanity."

"I need to study."

"So, in other words, tonight I have to start studying again."

"As I'm sitting here studying for my next exam (this one is French World Literature. . . lots of reading from Africa, Haïti, etc. . .) I'm thinking about how irrelevant this is in the grand scheme of things."

"On that note, I better get to work."

"I'm looking forward to getting back to more leisurely blogging after this semester is over."


All these statements should in fact read as follows:

"I have a lot to do right now. I've taken on too much and am struggling to lead a balanced life. Since I've got so much to do anyways and I need to keep my sanity one way or another, I think I'll do some extra blogging during this stressful time."

In other words, if I say I'm going to disappear, it probably means I'm going to be blogging in full force.