Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Relics

I was just reading through old bulletins from my hometown parish (you can get them online off the parish website) and discovered that earlier this month four first class relics were recently placed under the altar.

The relics are of St. Matthew, St. Maria Goretti, St. Sebastian, and St. Pius X.

I was particularly delighted to see St. Maria Goretti in the mix. That's really special for me seeing as she's my patron saint and now there is a first class relic belonging to her in the church in which I was baptised, confirmed, and raised. I'll go hang out with my patroness next time I'm in town.