Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Banners



I've had an insanely busy last few days. It's amazing how much you can have to do even when classes are over.

Today wasn't too bad. I went to mass with a friend this morning, enjoyed a good ol' Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast and then spent five hours working on making banners for my First Communion class. I was asked to make banners as name markers for their places and also as keepsakes. I didn't realize it would take so long to make them! A lot of fiddly work. Oh well. I watched an interesting documentary on the struggle for democracy in Eastern Europe while working on them.

These pictures are a couple samples of the finished product (minus the ribbon that I still have to attach to the wooden bars so that they can hang them.)