Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Intentions

As I'm sitting here studying for my next exam (this one is French World Literature. . . lots of reading from Africa, Haïti, etc. . .) I'm thinking about how irrelevant this is in the grand scheme of things. I was thinking about things that seem a lot more relevant.

Please remember to pray for:
  • For the unborn and their mothers.
  • For the protection of the elderly, disabled and marginalized. That the sanctity of human life may be recognized by all and in all.
  • For those who entered into full communion with the Roman Catholic Church this past Easter.
  • For those who returned to the practice of the Faith through the Sacrament of Reconciliation during Lent.
  • For all those whose lives are threatened by war, persecution, natural disaster, and poverty.
  • For our Holy Father.
  • For all deacons, priests, bishops, and consecrated religious.
  • For an increase in vocations to the priesthood and religious life.
  • For seminarians, postulants, novices, and engaged couples.
  • For all children preparing to receive their First Holy Communion.
  • For all those preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
  • For the souls in purgatory.
  • For the sick, the suffering, and the dying.
Now, I'll get back to my studying, but if you can, keep some of these intentions in your prayers.

In the meantime, I need to remind myself that God has called me to be a student for the time being and that if this is what He's asking of me right now it's not irrelevant. I can glorify God by doing what I am called to in the present moment well. That's my pep talk for myself and for all other students out there.