Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Weird Coffee Stuff

So, my Benedictine friend Fr. Basil, up at the Abbey, gave me this weird coffee stuff for Easter. It tastes good though. It's Vietnamese coffee wanting to be Italian coffee. It comes in these little individual packets, kind of like individual hot chocolate packets and it is instant coffee with the surgar and whitener already in it. I know it doesn't sound outstanding, but it is. My only concern is that the packaging is in vietnamese so I don't really know what I'm drinking. Apparently one of the vietnamese seminarians introduced Fr. Basil to it but you can buy it in North America. It's called "Cà phê sũa." Yeah, beats me. I don't know what that means.