Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Impatience with Canada Post

I'm sick of waiting for my mail... you know you've been polluted by the "gotta-have-it-now" mentality of our day when you no longer can patiently wait for good ol' snail mail. I've been waiting for what seems like forever (in reality a week or two) for mail to come my way. I eagerly await the arrival of: a new compact RSV Bible that I ordered for myself online, my first copy of my new subscription to First Things (so that I no longer have to hijack my dad's subscription), and a letter from a friend. I'm getting impatient though. Maybe God is trying to send me a not so subliminal message.

P.S. Speaking of things that come in the mail, those of you in B.C. please refrain from reading this week's B.C. Catholic. I have nothing against the paper. Just, whatever you do, don't jump to any conclusions. Now that's a cryptic message for my local readers.