Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Stressed

It's this time of year. I have so much to do, no motivation, and no energy. I have five papers to write within the next week and a half. Yes. Five. Granted, I've started most of them, but I don't think they're very well done. I also have final exams starting on December 7th. That's very soon when you think about it. To top it all off, I've got youth ministry event planning meetings, catechism class, Special Olympics, Big Sisters, and I'm trying to lead a normal life. Needless to say, I need to back off blogging and focus on getting things done. I have no more time to procrastinate.

One question though, why does God tend to bring everything to a head at the exact same time?!

You'd think He could work things out so that I wouldn't be challenged on all fronts at the same time. But nooooo... He likes to make life interesting and throw in spiritual struggles, academic stress, interpersonal relationships, and physical illness all at the same time. Please, please, please, can I have a break?

St. Thomas Aquinas, patron of students, pray for me!