Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

I Confess Meme

My new found friend T.O. over at LAMLand memed me (new verb...).

I confess I'm usually not a sucker for forwards, memes or other such things, but I'm desperately looking for ways to procrastinate.

I confess procrastination has been a theme for the week (month).

I confess that I'm so distracted by liturgical violations that it keeps me from focusing on what's going on at Mass, Adoration, etc...

I confess that I've referred a non-Catholic to the vocations director.

I confess that I thought that travelling half way around the world to worship Christ in the Eucharist at World Youth Day when I live 500 metres from the nearest tabernacle was dumb. I confess I thought WYD was going to be a ridiculous circus.

I confess that I saw genuine 'orthodox' faith at WYD that affirmed and strengthened my own faith and that while I can go to Adoration whenever I want, kneeling before the Blessed Sacrament alongside one million people is a powerful experience. I confess I'm thinking about going to WYD in Australia.

I confess that I pretend to be smarter than I really am. I confess that I need to work on humility.

I confess that I go to the chapel to do my course reading for Philosophy, Theology, and Christian History because it's the quietest place I can find and I can't get distracted.

I confess that I get bored in French class and check my e-mail, blog, read the news, etc... (wireless internet on campus).

I confess that I'm so passionate about the Theology of the Body that I grin whenever a priest dares mention the Church's teachings on human sexuality or the Theology of the Body.

I confess that half the books on my bookshelf are "acquired" from my dad's bookshelf. I confess that he's probably never going to get most of them back.

I confess that I'm clueless about my vocation. I confess that I'm scared to know. I confess I'm quite content just studying for the rest of my life.

I confess that I tell everyone that I'm going to pursue post-graduate studies just because I really don't know what I should be doing. I confess that I might pursue post-graduate studies because I don't know what else to do and it might "buy me time" to figure out my life.

I confess that I broke my arm running into a telephone pole on my bike.

That's a lot of confessing. . . I suppose I have to come up with three people to meme. . . antonia, jessica, and jesuvera.