Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, April 09, 2007

He is Risen, Alleluia!

Christ is risen, Alleluia! He is risen indeed, Alleluia, Alleluia!

In response to the following question: Lent is over. Where are you??? . . .

Yes. I am well aware that Lent is over. Believe me. Anyone who saw me after the vigil late on Saturday night can attest to the fact that I definitely know Lent is over.

I had a very special and blessed Lent, Holy Week (I spent the Triduum on retreat at Westminster Abbey) and Easter Sunday. I participated in the Easter Vigil and Easter Sunday morning Mass with the Benedictines at Westminster Abbey, visited with Jesus at the Poor Clares monastery in the afternoon (by God's providence I happened to stop by at the right time for Eucharistic Adoration and Benediction), enjoyed a special dinner with my family in the evening, and had a chance to visit with my parents for the first time in several months this morning (they're on a plane to Japan as we speak to go visit my older brother in Tokyo).

I am alive and doing well and living in the joy of the Risen Lord. That being said, life is a little crazy right now (mild understatement) so I'll be blogging "as the Spirit leads me." Not to mention the fact that final exams begin next week (ack!).