Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Question

Here is my random question of the day (as I've said before, I'm a curious person):

Apparently you're allowed to receive the Eucharist twice during the same day, and a third time if after the first two times you're in danger of death. Does anticipatory (vigil) Mass count as being on the same day as morning Mass?

I don't know if this makes any sense, but it's a question stuck in my head now. Not that it really matters because I probably will never find myself in this situation.

Let's see if I can be clearer:

1. Morning Mass - receive Communion

2. Afternoon Mass (i.e. if you happened to attend a funeral or wedding) - receive Communion

3. Anticipatory/Vigil Mass - can you receive Communion?
(Does this count for today or the next day?)