Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Goodbye, Dear Papa!

I came across the following beautiful article earlier today by someone on the "older" end of the John Paul II generation (as in she was already a teenager when he was elected). In the article she examines the role our beloved Holy Father had in forming her in the Faith and helping her to understand the dignity of women and her particular vocation.

I still miss him.

I'll be taking a course starting in September called "The Theological Vision of Pope John Paul II." I look forward to immersing myself in his writings (although, I'm reading Gift and Mystery right now so apparently I don't need a course to get me to read Pope John Paul II's writings).