Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Communion Rails

I'm not wanting to get into a big debate on whether or not Catholic churches should have communion rails, but I'm just curious as to how many of my readers attend parishes that do have communion rails.

The parish in my hometown had communion rails installed about ten years ago. Most people kneel at the communion rail to receive communion although some people still prefer to stand (and they are free to do so). The parish I attend while away at university doesn't even have pews (they use chairs), let alone kneelers, let alone a communion rail.

Does the church you attend have communion rails?
Yes, and we actually use them.
Yes, but they're not used for distribution of communion.
No, we never have had communion rails.
No, we used to have communion rails but they were removed.
Free polls from Pollhost.com