Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Do you have extras?




Have you seen any of these items lying around neglected and abandoned in a dark corner? These are a few items that our chapel at the Catholic college I attend is sadly lacking. Does anyone have an extra thurible and boat, bells, or lectionary collecting dust in their back cupboard? I figured there's no harm in asking. I think I may have asked this question before, but I haven't given up yet. I've already tried the archdiocesan e-mail that goes out with notices to all the priests every week but that didn't turn up anything. Not that I'm complaining, but our archdiocese hasn't been closing many churches (but rather has been building new churches) recently so there's no hidden used church supplies around here as far as I know. Maybe, just maybe, there's someone out there who can help. Priority number one would be the thurible and boat which we really need for Eucharistic Adoration. Next would come the bells. And, well, the lectionary would be nice but we can make do with the missals for the time being. If you think you can help let me know (and if you think you know someone who might be able to help, spread the word).