Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ringing of the Bells

A friend of mine recently posted this video clip of the Benedictine monks of Westminster Abbey ringing the bells in their bell tower. How she managed to get this video clip I won't ask, but it's really neat. I didn't actually realize it took that many of them to ring the bells (or that there were that many bells). Ah, watching this clip and listening to the bells makes me miss going to the abbey.

UPDATE: Lest I confuse my British readers, there is a Westminster Abbey in Mission, British Columbia. Yes. They have bells. Ten bells actually. They also have Roman Catholics. Good Roman Catholic Benedictine Monks (and dozens of seminarians who study at the abbey during the school year). Although I've been to Westminster Abbey in London several times and must admit that the church itself is somewhat more aesthetically pleasing than the Canadian Westminster Abbey, the one in Canada has Jesus in residence so in my humble opinion it's a more desireable place to visit.