Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Cohabitation Ends in Separation

I'm not surprised by this.

It reminds me of a conversation I had with someone several months ago. I ran into a friend from highschool I hadn't seen for several years. We were going to the same place so I offered her a ride and as we were driving we were filling each other in on life in "the real world" now that we'd both moved out of town and gone off to university. She told me she'd just broken up with her boyfriend she'd been living with for three years and she looked at me and said "You know what? I'm twenty and I feel like I'm divorced." I think that pretty much sums it up.