Letters From a Young Catholic

My reflections as a Catholic young adult passionate about the Faith, seeking to grow in knowledge and understanding of God and discerning the will of the Lord in my life.

Friday, July 21, 2006

On a day like today. . .

It's been a long time since I've written one of those "I'm procrastinating" posts. Well, as I sit here on a beautiful sunny gorgeous warm summer day trying to write an essay on energy and matter pathways in the biosphere (don't ask me. . .I'm clueless. . .) for a correspondence Biology course I can think of a few other things I'd rather be doing. How about going to the beach for instance. I'm literally a two minute walk from the beach right now. But nope, I'm stuck in my grandparents basement trying to figure out Biology instead. If you're thinking to yourself, "Why is she taking a Biology course?" you're not the only one. I'm asking myself the same question. You see, my university requires everyone, regardless of your major, to take certain "core requirements." The point is to give you a well rounded education in a variety of disciplines in addition to your major. It sounds like a good idea. Until you have someone like me who would prefer to study Literature and Theology trying to figure out sciences. I decided to do it correspondence because at least this way I don't have to face it in the Fall. Now, that strategy only works if I actually sit down and do the work during the summer. Considering it's almost the end of July and I haven't completed a single one of the four assignments nor started on the major project for the course I don't have high hopes of getting it done before September. Unless I really get motivated at some point. At some point soon.